Sunday, December 4, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
1. "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda, Star Wars
2. "Tut tut, child. Everything has a morale, if only you can find it." - The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland
3. "It is our choices, far more than our abilities, that decide who we are." - Dumbledore, one of the Harry Potter books
4. "What are we holding on to, Sam?" "That there's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for." - Frodo and Sam, the Lord of the Rings
5. "If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, I'm mad. That's the way history is written." - Artemis Fowl, Artemis Fowl
6. "I failed again! I don't believe it!" "That's why you fail." - Luke Skywalker and Yoda, Star Wars
Monday, August 15, 2011
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
There was once a merchant in Baghdad who sent his servant to buy provisions from the market and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the market-place I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me.
She looked at me and made a threatening gesture; now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city to avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there Death will not find me.
The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went. Then the merchant went down to the market-place and he saw Death standing in the crowd and he came to her and said, Why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning?
That was not a threatening gesture, Death said, it was only a start of surprise. You see, she said, I was astonished to see him in Baghdad today, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.